Digital Inclusion refers to the activities necessary to ensure that all individuals and communities, including the most disadvantaged, have access to and use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs)
This includes 5 elements:
- affordable, robust broadband internet service;
- internet-enabled devices that meet the needs of the user;
- access to digital literacy training;
- quality technical support;
- applications and online content designed to enable and encourage self-sufficiency, participation and collaboration.
Digital Inclusion requires intentional strategies and investments to reduce and eliminate historical, institutional and structural barriers to access and use technology.
The above definition and characteristics of Digital Inclusion and Digital Equity come from the National Digital Inclusion Alliance (NDIA).
We encourage SMEs’ use of digital tools to make society better and to create unique solutions to address complex problems. Oltenia HUB will create open networks, run hackathons for humanity, and develop a platform for social impact.
DIH Oltenia will showcase technology and best practices for good movement which is driving digital social innovation and championing digital inclusion.